Yes, you can make Pinto Beans & Rice without all the fat, but yet keep the flavor and taste for a healthy heart. This bountiful dish is brimming with fiber and many important nutrients essential to good health. Nutty flavor of the steam brown rice enhances the flavor of the pinto beans. This recipe is quick and easy side dish that will accent any protein or vegetable.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 - 50 minutes
Recipe Essential Tools
Aroma Rice Cooker is my choice.
Cook rice according to rice cooker instructions.
For Stove top – depending on servings Combine rice, water, and olive oil in a pot, and bring to a boil. Cover with a tight-fitting lid, reduce heat to low and let simmer for about 45 minutes.
· 1 cup short or long grain brown rice
· 2 cups chicken broth
· 1 can Pinto Beans, with liquid
· 1 teaspoon olive oil
· 1 teaspoon ground smoke paprika
· 1 teaspoon ground cumin
· 1 teaspoon ground coriander
· 2 teaspoon Braggs Liquid Amino’s or low-sodium soy sauce
· Fresh Chopped Parsley for garnish
· Salt to taste; optional
1. Place rice in cooker and add chicken broth, close the lid and press brown rice button. “And that is it”. If using stovetop method see instruction above.
2. Heat Pinto beans in medium saucepan over medium heat for 3 – 5 minutes. Add oil, paprika, cumin, coriander, and Bragg’s liquid. Add salt if desired; mix well.
3. Once rice is done, take a fork and fluff rice to separate the grains, then add beans to rice and gently fold. Place beans and rice in a serving bowl and garnish with fresh chop parsley.